So - does anyone else out there look up pictures of soon to be doctors, dentists, acupuncturists, etc.? Just for fun, out of the following three pictures who would you be comfortable/uncomfortable seeing? Read the tiny print: These may or may not be actual doctors . . . and I may or may not have seen any of them . . . and I may or may not be slightly nervous because I am supposed to go see one of them . . .
Monday, March 16, 2009
Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover
Which of these would you pick up off the shelf? (These are random off B&Noble- FYI)

Well - I would choose the first one. That is my problem. So I have a tendency to spend a lot time in doctors offices. Not fun. I have found that every time I have to see a new doctor, I search the Internet for their photo. By the way, I know for a fact that at least two other people in my network of friends/family do the same thing - you know who you are. Part of me wants to think it is so I will be one tiny bit less intimidated by seeing a new doc; the rest of me screams out DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER!!!
So - does anyone else out there look up pictures of soon to be doctors, dentists, acupuncturists, etc.? Just for fun, out of the following three pictures who would you be comfortable/uncomfortable seeing? Read the tiny print: These may or may not be actual doctors . . . and I may or may not have seen any of them . . . and I may or may not be slightly nervous because I am supposed to go see one of them . . .
So - does anyone else out there look up pictures of soon to be doctors, dentists, acupuncturists, etc.? Just for fun, out of the following three pictures who would you be comfortable/uncomfortable seeing? Read the tiny print: These may or may not be actual doctors . . . and I may or may not have seen any of them . . . and I may or may not be slightly nervous because I am supposed to go see one of them . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I'd probably be okay seeing the first guy. The other two creep me out a little!
ReplyDeleteI would definitely pick the first one!
ReplyDeleteI'd go with number one first. Definitely not three. Two is iffy- kinda creepy.
ReplyDeleteI know #2 and he's actually great, but the picture doesn't do him justice.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletesome people just don't take pictures very well. Sarah looks really bad in most photos of her. She just gets nervous and it shows. I think the top guy is just more natural and the third guy is just really stiff and the middle guy is stuck in the middle ... he, he. I wouldn't be nervous until I met them in person ... if I didn't get a good vibe then I wouldn't continue to see them. Maybe you can do a phone consult first??
ReplyDeleteWow, the last guy is a hottie! :) jk....
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know that I am one of those people who chooses new doctors and dentists based on their photo and their little bios online! For instance, in choosing a PCP last year, I looked through all the physicians accepting new patients who were female, and eliminated the buck teethed ones or the elderly ones and I went for one who's an outdoorsy 40-something gal with health and active-ness radiating from her ;) Haha, and I'm happy w/ it. Now for dentists, I did the same thing! I've had bad luck growing up w/ crotchety old men dentists. So I found this young active outdoorsy guy w/ a dog and he's like 30. BEST DENTIST EVER! Love him. SO yeah, just sharing I'm crazy :) Great blog, BTW...