Sunday, March 15, 2009

Not Enough Trail Mix



I LOVE my trail mix . . . granola, M&M's/reese's pieces(unless it's really hot), mixed nuts (I would now use my fav. nut mix from Copp's bulk section), raisins, and NIBS! Nibs are essential - really, try it. The last time I ate trail mix on the trail? It's been years. Not once here in Wisconsin :(



Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes. Well, I learned today that Wisconsin actually has more (although many are very small and unnamed). How many of these lakes have I seen or swam in? Not enough. Only a handful. Mike and I were talking to a friend at church today about how we haven't experienced the outdoors in Wisconsin. It's time. Can anyone say Door County?

So - I hereby promise to myself that this summer we will hike, camp (if Katherine will get over her fear of sleeping out in a tent), and explore the beautiful lakes and trails of our state. Maybe we'll venture out to the highest peak in Wisconsin - for Michele. And, we will eat plenty of trail mix!





Notice the randomly placed photos???

2 comments:

  1. And this makes me hungry... What are nibs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend Devil's Lake State Park as a starter! We went last fall and I love the hikes there. SO gorgeous :) It's these big bluffs surrounding a glacial-made lake. There are lots of camping options there. We stayed in Ice Age campground I think when we went...

    ReplyDelete