Sunday, February 20, 2011

Jet Lag and Bern

My two girls will NOT sleep. Seriously, how long does it take to get over the jet lag? I thought they would sleep last night from being out all day. We ventured out to the Temple in Zollihofen, then to Bern. Nope. They were up at midnight rearing to go. I think maybe they fell back asleep by 2:00 am. Yuck. Hopefully this doesn't last long.

Katherine and Ellie waiting for the train to come

Our first stop of the day was the Bern Temple in Zollikofen. It was a beautiful day to be on the grounds of the temple. I felt so comfortable and at home as we spent time there. Temple grounds are truly holy.





Isn't she adorable??

Katherine peering out of the Sit and Stand stroller

Then we were off to Bern. There were people everywhere as we walked down the main street. I was amazed at just how many little stores there were. I saw at least 5 H&M's as we walked. It was Saturday, so the market was open at a town square. I loved looking at all the little booths. They seemed to have the classic booths with rings, sweaters, cd's, etc. I was a little sad to not see anything unusual.


The Market


I had seen these water fountains on a Rick Steves Switzerland movie. I was excited to fill my water bottle up with some wonderful Swiss water! The water here is good. I don't miss my Britta at all.

The famous Bern Clock Tower

We stood at the Clock Tower for 15 minutes so we could see the animation. There were a lot of other people also waiting. I guess 2 chimes, at 2 'oclock, doesn't give enough time for everything to move. Too bad we weren't there at noon! I'll have to show the girls what it looks like on You Tube (everything is on there right?.)

Mike on a little Swiss street

View of Bern

The Bear park, "BarenPark ", is just across the Aare river. There are 3 bears that live there. We were happy the bears were out enjoying the sunny day instead of hiding in one of their little holes in the mountainside.


Björk, Ursina & Berna



It was fun day, but I think we were all tired and ready to get back to our apartment. After experiencing the art of travel with two little girls, I'm a bit nervous to travel without Mike. He is much better with directions, and it really seems to take the two of us to get the stroller and both girls on and off of trains, and up and down stairs. I'm going to have to plan our travel with plenty of time for train connections.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you guys get to have this amazing adventure! Can't wait to see more about your doings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it looks beautiful! Mom was worried it would be cold & rainy-for you. jCJ -- um, CJ typed that, he wanted to see his name.
    Anyway, I hope you have a fun week! I miss being able to pick up the phone and call you!

    ReplyDelete