Monday, February 21, 2011

Small and Simple Success

The girls at "our" train station

Today was great. I got to go to IKEA. I tried really hard not to look at everything in terms of how we could furnish our "apartment to be" in New York City, because I'm trying to leave all of my stresses back in the USA. So, instead I focused on what would entertain my girls a little bit while in Switzerland. We ended up with a stuffed animal dog for Ellie (Katherine already has one), a dog bed, dog carrier and two dog capes. I think it was a success, but time will tell.


I need to work on taking self-portraits

Who needs a children's museum when you have IKEA?

Cutie girl watching the Curious George 2 movie

Ellie and I both got in an afternoon nap, then I put our frozen Elk Lasagna and rolls in the oven. Mike and Ellie liked it. Katherine and I were not huge fans.

Best of all was the fact that I went out by myself with the girls, and we had a fun time! Tomorrow I'm hoping to venture further . . . maybe a zoo or even the Matterhorn. It all depends on how everyone sleeps tonight. Last night the girls slept through the night, with the exception of Katherine's nightmare waking her up at 6:00 am. Yea for sleep!!

Mike seemed to have a good day also . . . but really all I know is that he went to one talk, worked on his research and got PAID! It's good to know we have a little bit more money in our pockets here in Switzerland. My Dad read in the National Geographic that people in the US spend only 7% of their income on food, whereas people elsewhere spend more like 30%. I guess it makes sense that I have sticker shock at the grocery store here!

Clock tower next to our apartment

2 comments:

  1. Elk Lasagna??

    Don't they have a Costco nearby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm.... Elk. I'm so jealous. The clock tower is beautiful and hooray for sleep and familiar things like Ikea!

    ReplyDelete