Katherine wanted to go to a zoo. So, we went to a zoo - 2 hours away. The train went around the edge of Lac Leman. Beautiful. The only excitement of the journey was when a woman told me I left my hat and scarf on the train. She and her husband stayed with the girls while I ran quickly back to our seats to find them. I jumped on the train as fast as I could and found a hat and scarf on a different seat - not mine. I was relieved that I got off the train before it left! The nice couple felt sorry for making me feel frantic, and walked us to our next train. They were a typical kind Swiss couple.
In Martigny we switched to a very small train that headed up the steep mountain. Finally, in the Swiss Alps! We found a sign for the zoo and headed up the steep, snowy, muddy switchbacks on the mountainside. If anyone out their doubts their Joovy sit and stand stroller, don't. It's as good as a jeep for four wheeling.
Here are some pictures from our hike:




We finally made it back to the main road and the zoo. We had the zoo to ourselves - not surprisingly since it was cold and snowing. This was definitely an alpine zoo. All of the animals were mountain creatures - which gave me the feeling we were walking around in nature - but with some cages to keep us safe. I highly recommend this place.




This is great!!! You're having a blast, it seems. Hey, I love your backpack, by the way.
ReplyDeleteIt IS one amazing backpack. I have the most awesome friend ever who was kind enough to lend it to me!
ReplyDelete