Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mom's Day Off

Mike took Friday off so that I could have some time to myself. YAY! I had originally planned to go to some thermal baths in Yverdon-les-Bains, but I decided I wanted to walk through the shopping district in Lausanne.

I popped my head in many little shops, and wandered through the Globus and Manor department stores. My favorite store was the 3 story toy store, Franz Carl Weber. When I read about the store online, I was thinking FAO Schwarz. Well - this was a tiny store! I loved it though, and ended up buying a little carved wooden cow wearing a cow bell. I walked through an all English bookstore and was shocked at the prices. A paperback version of The Help was 49 CHF. Can you imagine paying $50 for a paperback book?? I have to admit that I did cave and bought a kids book, Giraffe's Can't Dance. It is adorable.

I ate lunch at a Creperie. I wanted to eat a real meal, so I ordered a ham and cheese crepe. However, I couldn't leave a Creperie without a yummy dessert, so I then ordered a lemon and sugar crepe. What a perfect lunch!

I was exhausted, and headed home after only a couple hours out on the town. I took a long nap, and it felt good. It was a little weird and lonely being by myself, but I needed some personal time. It is strange how having my two girls with me makes me feel more secure, but it certainly does. I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment