Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wrong Train and No Chocolate

Sounds pretty dreadful, right? It was very sad. So, I warn you - the small trains that run through the French Swiss countryside are NOT labeled (at least not that I could see). Oh - and the trains that arrive at 14:58 and 14:59 may NOT come in the logical order. Sometimes in the Swiss countryside, :59 comes BEFORE :58. Said :59 train travels far away from the chocolate factory, and adds more than 1 hour to the expected travel time. That extra hour means no chocolate factory, because it closes. On the bright side? I knew when they closed, so we headed home.

I'm sure glad I decided to bring my computer with us today. The girls were occupied with shows . . . most of the time. I'm also grateful that we had already seen a castle and watched cheese-making today. At least the trip wasn't a TOTAL disaster!

2 comments:

  1. I once got on a train in Frankfurt that was supposed to take me to Rothenberg, but there was a similar time trick with the trains and as it turns out, we were on an express train to France! Luckily I figured out that we had made an error and we were able to get off on the last stop in Germany. By a miracle act of the Train Gods we were able to take 6 (SIX!) different trains to the correct town. It took all day and we barely made the last connection, but I discovered how truly beautiful Germany is in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wrong train? Yes, I've done that, too. Glad you made it back safely. With all your travel experiences you'll need to write your own Rick Steeve's-like tour book!

    ReplyDelete