Isn't this gorgeous? It's just a one minute walk from our front door!OK - the trivia begins :
What kind of tree is this? I love them! I wish I could see them in the summer!
What kind of tree is this? I love them! I wish I could see them in the summer!
Answer: I'm hoping someone will tell me . . .What is this a picture of?
Which setting would you use (if you can see through the blurriness)? (Also, in case you don't know, click on the photo to see it larger)
Again, which setting?
Where does the laundry soap go?
Why don't we have the two flush system in the U.S.?
I wonder what the tank size of these toilets are, and how they compare to what is common in the U.S. Perhaps I will look this up sometime, but not tonight.
Question: Our refrigerator has a strange odor. I can't find baking soda here. Any suggestions? I know, I'm halfway through our stay. Still, it would be nice to be able to get a pitcher of water cold without it getting a strange flavor!
Final question: What is the deal with fan forced ovens, and how does it affect cooking? Is it the equivalent of convection?
Well - that's all for today folks. I need sleep for a big day tomorrow!
Wow - those are BLURRY photos! Maybe someone out there can decipher them anyway.
ReplyDeleteOkay, I tried, but I can't really read the wash & dryer settings, I think on the washer, the ones on the left are for delacates, and aus would be off, the ones on the top right are for hot water laundry, those are my best guesses anyways.
ReplyDeleteWashmittel is the word for laundry soap, so I'd say left there. The middle would be fabric softner and the right is for prewash rinse (?) Gosh, I did laundry for 17 months in Germany and I can't remember what settings we used at all! (Although only one of my apartments had a dryer, so that's part of it.)
Sorry, I can't answer any of the other questions. It was really weird that they don't use baking soda in Europe. Sometimes you can find it in a Walmart (some of the big cities actually had Walmarts in Germany, that might not be the case in Switzerland, though.) I googled it and got suggestions for untreated charcol or coffee grounds, but then I guess your fridge might smell/taste like coffee.
I'm no help. Only 2 weeks left! That is tragic. Enjoy yourself! Love you!
ReplyDelete